Sunday 30 September 2007

Goulash of February 9th 2002

I've only made this once before and as you can see it was well over 5 years ago, but for some reason I had taken a few notes that allowed me to recreate the experience. I guess the reason I took notes is that I really liked it - at least that's what I found this time around, shaming my lack of faith in my own notes.

Ingredients:
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- jalapeño
- 0.5 L (2 cups) coconut threads
- 100-120 g (4 oz) egg noodles
- turmeric, ground ginger, dill weed
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 eggs
Cut the bacon in smaller pieces and fry till crisp, then add crushed garlic and coarsely chopped onion and stir for a few minutes. Add the jalapeño and the coconut threads and season with turmeric, ground ginger and dill weed - turn to low heat.
In separate pots boil the broccoli and the egg noodles. When the egg noodles are done, drain and mix well with the coconut mixture, then add the eggs and stir to cover the rest with the eggs as they solidify. Serve with broccoli on top.

No comments: