Sunday 30 September 2007

Flounder Fajitas

I guess fajitas might be more tex-mex than straight up mexican - also I don't know if it's considered right to make it with fish, but for me fajitas represents the notion of grilled meats and vegetables in a medium sized tortilla, so here it goes anyway.

Ingredients:
- 1 flounder filet
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 small tomato
- 1 lime
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 2 tortillas
- sour cream
- jalapeño
- salt & pepper

In a small improvised tray of foil I placed the fish together with coarsely diced bell pepper and onion and seasoned with salt and pepper. As I don't have a coal grill I used the broiler in my gas oven - I found the flounder needed almost 15 minutes to be fully cooked, but the onions and the bell peppers had to be taken out after 9 minutes - well, I didn't want them any more charred at that point. On warm tortillas place lettuce, tomato, the broiled fish, onion and bell pepper - add some fresh lime juice, jalapeño and a little sour cream.

No comments: