Sunday 2 December 2007

Goulash of October 28th 2006

I came up with this dish last fall when I had bought some black lentils and made it a few times then. Some months ago I wanted to make it again, but then I couldn't find black lentils again anywhere. Finally I caved in and just got some ordinary lentils, so I could do this.

Ingredients:
- 4 slices bacon
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- paprika & oregano
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups lentils
- 4 cups water
- salt

Cut the bacon in smaller pieces and fry in a large pot, then add crushed garlic and generous amounts of paprika and oregano before putting in the chicken. Turn the chicken pieces over until they are dark and crisp looking on the surface, continue cooking till they are cooked through, then take them out of the pot and store them under a piece of foil (or in the oven on low heat - just to keep them warm).
Add now to the pot the diced onion, strips of bell pepper and the tomatoes cut in halves. Add the lentils and the water, and let it all simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve with rice and the chicken.

No comments: