Sunday 7 March 2010

Juullip Immiaa

Someone close to me recently went on a business trip to Greenland and brought me back a bottle of Godthaab Julebryg (Nuuk Yule-brew).

Many elements of Greenlandic culture are in a sense also Danish - perhaps particularly the beers, as the brewing tradition was introduced to Greenland by the Vikings. Godthaab Bryghus (Nuuk Brewhouse) operated in close collaboration with a small chain of local breweries in Denmark, and true to Danish tradition they make this semi-dark Yule-brew. Fortunately for me bottles were still available when my friend was there in February.

Of course I'm interested in trying their other products, but it appears I may have to go to Nuuk and visit their bar to accomplish that...

2 comments:

beny said...

Hi
I looking for beer labels and coasters from Greenland breweries. I may pay for them. Could you improve my collection ?

All the best
Radoslaw Kwiecien

kwiecien.radoslaw@gmail.com

t said...

I'm afraid I can't help you at the moment, sorry.