Tuesday 7 August 2007

Cod & Goat Cheese in Bell Peppers

I'm not really sure how this recipe came about.. I thought I read it somewhere, but when I searched for it again I couldn't find it. Maybe I dreamt it up or misunderstood something I heard. Anyway, these things are not so important - it is much more important that this is delicious.

Ingredients:
- 225 g (0.5 lb) cod fillet
- 2 red bell peppers
- 6 scallions
- 100 g (3.5 oz) goat cheese
- salt & pepper

Clean the bell peppers, cut them in half and remove the seeds. In a bowl mix diced cod fillet [1], finely cut scallions, goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the cod & cheese mix in the bell peppers and put them in the oven at 175 C (350 F) for 30-40 minutes.

Serving suggestion: With a cold sauce made from 1 dL (1/2 cup) yogurt, 1 tbsp mustard, salt, pepper and tarragon as well as red rice. Actually this was my first time ever cooking red rice, I just recently found some a my local Indochina Market. The taste was somewhat similar to brown rice, but they cook faster than these and look pretty - the latter aspect I'm sure I'll try to utilize in future dishes.

[1] If you have a grinder, I'm sure ground cod would work nicely.

No comments: