Monday 21 July 2008

A Different Avocado (Guacamole Update)


One day while shopping at a small local store I noticed these avocados, which were somewhat bigger than those I normally get (shown next to a standard sized lime in the picture)... of course I had to get some. At first I assumed I needed to put them in a paper bag together with a banana while waiting for the skin to darken and the flesh to soften, but then I noticed that they were already quite soft with the skin green. Apparently it is a variety where the skin doesn't darken upon ripening.


Once I cut one open I noticed that the pit was also quite big, and the flesh was more yellowish than what I'm used to - it still made for a very nice bowl of guacamole..


The only significant adjustment from the previous recipe is the inclusion of fresh, hot chilli.

No comments: