Monday 2 July 2007

Mexican Rice

Actually I don't know how Mexican these rice be - I learned how to make them from a roomie who came from Pennsylvania.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups rice
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 cube chicken flavor bouillon
- paprika
- water (as much as the rice used calls for)

Heat up the water and use it to disolve the bouillon cube.
With constant stirring fry first the raw rice for 5 minuttes, then add the diced onion and shortly after the diced tomato. Finally add the bouillon and season with paprika. Leave on low heat till water is absorbed by rice - stir occasionally.

2 comments:

La Cabrona said...

I have been married to a "mexican" for about 11 years now. To make the rice more flavorful you should use, Jasmine rice. Instead of the chicken bouillon, try Caldo de tomate. It is a tomato bouillon. It gives it a richer flavor.

t said...

Thanks for the tip. I've noticed "caldo de tomate" in the stores. I'll try it.