Sunday 29 July 2007

Carne Asada I

Carne Asada is basically just thin cuts of beef grilled (or fried - if like me you can't be bothered with setting up a grill). While I've enjoyed it in the past when others have made it, I'm relatively new to preparing it. My first attempt at it turned out somewhat disappointing and I reckoned that marinating the beef would be essential. This turned out much better.

Ingredients:
- 2 pieces thin cut beef
- 2 limes
- 3 cloves garlic
- crushed dried red chillies
- ground coriander, ground cumin

Mix a marinade of lime juice, mashed garlic and spices - put in the beef and let sit in the fridge for about 24 hours. Fry or grill. Cut in strips and serve, e.g. on tacos with grated cheddar, lettuce, sour cream, avocado, salsa of onion and orange cherry tomatoes. Rice and pinto beans on the side.

No comments: