Monday 20 April 2009

Bier für Freunde

The German title translates as Beer for friends [1] and I guess it is the slogan for Wartmann's in Frauenfeld (Switzerland).

I can't say that I had very strong reasons for choosing Wartmann's for my beer shopping cart, but I was certainly not disappointed with this wine-size No.4: the Blanche Grand Cru. The little folder of information coming that came with the bottle compares the style to German Weissbiers, but it has a lot more in common with the Belgian beers mentioned on the homepage. Either way: A very flavourful and well-crafted beer.

Now, I would like to taste No.1, 2, and 3...

[1] Appropriately I gave two of the three bottles I bought to a friend.

1 comment:

Laurent Mousson said...

"Bier für Freunde" is actually the name of this series of specials numbered 1 to 4
AFAIK, those beers can be ordered (in smaller bottles, via the ebeer.ch webshop. Yes, thy do deliver abroad, if you ask nicely. ;o)