Sunday 1 February 2009

Jever

Now, I don't know when I would have been introduced to this German pilsner if it hadn't been for the fact that I once had a colleague who considered it his favourite beer. And so he gave me one, when he himself imported a few to the US.

Naturally, I though of this friend when I recently saw Jever in a beer store in Zürich. And thinking of him - as well as remembering the beer - I of course bought one. Which, in all honesty, I might not have otherwise done - given the wide array of beers available in said store.

Jever is - for good or for bad (as your taste will dictate) - a very pilsner pilsner. By which I mean: very hoppy, quite bitter. Not for those who like their beer watered down. But if you like your pilsner hoppy and appreciate the bitterness, well, then I can recommend you Jever...

No comments: