Thursday 19 June 2008

Hubertus

The name Hubertus invariably brings to my mind images of riders in red jackets - the traditional Hubertus Hunts from The Deer Garden north of Copenhagen being my point of reference.

As it happens, the hunts are named for Saint Hubertus and he is also alluded to on the label of the beer with the head of the stag with the antlers (much like on the Jägermeister bottle - just without the glowing cross).

This was another beer I tried in Basel and I was quite impressed with it. I was previously unaware of the brewery, Eichhof. They are located in Luzern (Switzerland) and I read that they are quite important on the Swiss beer market - I'll have to look out for them now. I'm curious about trying out other beers from their range of products (link to German homepage).

No comments: