Tuesday 5 June 2007

What's in a name? ][

I don't think I was ever particularly picky. Yes, as a child I didn't fancy capers, olives, caraway, beets (unless pickled), & celeriac - the latter two particularly troubling to my parents who love them both and cultivate them in the garden. But when compared to other children my age who would turn out not to like such things as tomatoes, potatoes, cucumber, cheese or fried liver - all of which I have always loved - I got the impression I wasn't all that picky. Often when I listed the things I didn't like it turned out people hadn't even heard of half the things I mentioned. Well, I guess that's what happens when you have hippie parents with a large garden and plenty of time on their hands. Anyway, I've grown to appreciate all of the things mentioned above.

More surprisingly perhaps, I never really cared much for honey and traditional Danish pastries. I don't mind honey as an ingredient, but I don't use it as a spread.

Finally, I don't want to drink coffee.

Apart from that I'm pretty open towards trying new tastes.

No comments: