Tuesday 12 June 2007

Hollister Brewing Company

Recently the Hollister Brewing Company opened up in my neighbourhood. That it did really isn't all that surprising - actually, it seems more surprising that we had to wait so long for a brew pub close to school. Seems like a no-brainer.

While the Beachside Blond disappointed a little bit, I thought the Hollister Hefeweizen was pretty good (as an American Hefeweizen - somewhat different from the German ones). The J is a hemp ale - and nicer than the one other hemp ale I previously tried. And relatedly the Pig Man Pale Ale has a faint but distinct hint of the taste of smoking a certain hemp related product just at the beginning. Also, I like it because the name reminds of the lyrics for a song on Pink Floyd's Animals album. Speaking of the names, I also really like that one of their pale ales is called The Pope.

Last time I was there I enjoyed the Magic Clamps Weizenbock for my Hoppy Meal lunch.

No comments: